An introduction to Bhutan. A short, flexible and relatively gentle tour providing a general impression of the land, the people and the history. It starts from Phuntsholing in the south tropical region, moving onwards to the unique capital city of Thimphu and crosses over to ancient capital of Bhutan, Punakha where on clear day will reveal folds of hills rising toward distant snow-capped Himalayan peaks and back to Paro valley; home to many of Bhutan’s oldest temples, where stories of Guru Rimpoche and Shabdrung Nawang Namgyal, Bhutan’s most celebrated historical personalities, will become increasingly familiar as we visit several fortress-monastries that stands powerful symbols of the nation’s history.
Day01 By KB Flight : BKK/SIN/CCU/KTM/DEL – PBH /THIMPHU Arrival at Paro airport and transfer to Thimphu (1hr. drive). PM visit various handicrafts shops. Distance – 55 kms. Alt. 2,300m. Overnight stay in hotel River view or equivalent.
Day 02 : THIMPHU – WANGDUEPHORDANG: AM visits in Thimphu including National Memorial Chorten, Changangkha temple, Huge Buddha statue , Textile Museum and and Simtokha Dzong (fortress-monastery) built in 1627 AD. PM drive to Dochula Pass (3100m) decorated with 108 stupas and prayer flags, and descend to Wangduephordang/Punakha . Total distance – 70 kms/ 3 hrs drive. Alt. of Wangduephordang – 1350m. Overnight stay in Zangtopelri or Dragon nest or equivalent.
Day 03 : WANGDUEPHORDANG/PUNAKHA – PARO: AM visit Punakha Dzong. Dzong means fortress cum monastery. If time permits, hike up to Khamsum Yuele Namgyal Chorten (stupa) in the north of Punakha. PM visit Chimi Lhakhang (temple for fertility). Then, drive to Paro. Total distance – 140 kms/4 hrs drive. Alt. of Paro – 2200m. Overnight stay in Olathang or Namsey or equivalent.
Day 04 : PARO FD TOUR : Early breakfast and hike to the most sacred Tiger’s Nest monastery located 3100meters above sea level. PM return to Paro and visit Kyichu temple (the most ancient temple of Bhutan built in the 7th centuryAD) and Paro Dzong.
Day 05 By KB Flight PBH – BKK/SIN/CCU/KTM/DEL Early breakfast and drive to Paro airport for departure. The above sketch outlines are only intended to give you an idea of where we trek and camp; for detailed information, please feel free to write or visit us.
- Government Royalty of US$ 65/person/night
- Government surcharges
- Accommodation at a 3 star hotel (If you choose and 4 or 5 star hotel additional charges will apply)
- Private guided tours with experienced English speaking guides
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at designated restaurants
- Airport transfers
- All entry fees, road permits, fuel and parking charges
- A private tour vehicle with a driver
- All taxes and government fees
- Pre-departure packing list
- Travel assistance and advice before, during and after your stay
- Travel recommendations such as shopping and dining
- Bottled water
- Air tickets to Bhutan (we can arrange to book your flights)
- Trip insurance
- Meals at 4-5 star restaurants
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (This can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel upgrades (This can be done at an additional cost)