Trip Starting From: Paro | Trip Location: Paro
About the Activity:
- Embark in this exciting 5 days 4 nights tour in Bhutan and get a chance to explore the stunning beauty of this region with monasteries.
- Start your tour after getting picked up from the airport in an air conditioned shared vehicle and transfer to Thimphu.
- Visit the beautiful Thimphu and its various exotic locations like fortress of Thimphu, Tashichho Dzong, Folk Heritage Museum, National Library, Dechenphodrang monastic school, etc.
- Explore the authentic Bhutan culture and the beautiful market streets of cities like Paro, Punakha, etc.
- Conclude your tour after getting dropped at the airport and head back home with lots of memories.
- Arrival Paro – Thimphu
- Upon your arrival in Paro airport our guide will be there to welcome you and transfer to Thimphu.
- After Lunch visit the Memorial Chorten (temple) built in memory of the late 3rd King, Changangkha Lhakhang, the oldest temple in the valley offering a beautiful view of the valley
- After 5 PM, visit the fortress of Thimphu, Tashichho Dzong, which houses the throne of the king
- Evening walk around the happening town, the largest and the most crowded town in Bhutan.
- Overnight: Thimphu
- Thimphu – Punakha
- Morning visit the happening weekend market (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) where the locals from the surrounding villages come to sell their produce
- Visit the traditional Hand Made Paper Mill, the School of Arts and Crafts where students learn 13 different arts used predominantly in Bhutan, folk Heritage Museum which explains how a traditional house used to be like in the olden days.
- Later visit the National Library which houses the collection of Bhutanese rich religious text and the contemporary.
- Take a break and walk around the newly built 108 stupas and continue to the sub tropical valley of Punakha offering a different vegetation.
- En route just before arriving the hotel, taka a nice hike through the paddy field and old village to visit Chimi Lakhang, the temple of fertility associated with religious art of phallus.
- Overnight: Punakha
- Punakha – Paro
- Early morning will be a treat to walk up to the hilltop to visit the nunnery and interact with the nuns and enjoy the magnificent view of Punkha and Wangdi valley.
- After breakfast drive to visit Punakha Dzong (fortress), which houses the most elaborated temple in the country. This is a must to see fortress in Bhutan and a fine example of Bhutanese rich Art and Architecture.
- After lunch could continue some of the sightseeing that you might have had missed earlier.
- Upon arrival in Paro, visit Paro Dzong (Fortress) on foot and continue walking through the oldest wooden bridge still in use. Continue further to stroll around the old Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts stores.
- Evening back to the hotel.
- Overnight: Paro
- Paro Sightseeing
- Morning drive to the base for the hike (3 hrs uphill) to Tiger’s Nest, the most revered temple in the country that literally hangs on a granite cliff over looking the Paro valley.
- Most of the day will go on the hike. On the way back, if you have the energy and time visit the Kichu Lakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan which marks the beginning of Buddhism in the country.
- Farewell dinner with your guide.
- Overnight: Paro
- Morning transfer (15 mins) to the airport for your departure flight. Your guide will bid you farewell at the airport.
- Government Royalty of US$ 65/person/night
- Government surcharges
- Accommodation at a 3 star hotel (If you choose and 4 or 5 star hotel additional charges will apply)
- Private guided tours with experienced English speaking guides
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at designated restaurants
- Airport transfers
- All entry fees, road permits, fuel and parking charges
- A private tour vehicle with a driver
- All taxes and government fees
- Pre-departure packing list
- Travel assistance and advice before, during and after your stay
- Travel recommendations such as shopping and dining
- Bottled water
- Air tickets to Bhutan (we can arrange to book your flights)
- Trip insurance
- Meals at 4-5 star restaurants
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (This can be arranged with us)
- Luxury hotel upgrades (This can be done at an additional cost)